> All solutions
Optimizing collective heating
Reducing a building’s heating costs
To carry out a technical diagnosis of the heating system to optimize the installations (life and, environmental and economic impact) in collaboration with the heater in place.
To do this, it is possible to use a digital performance diagnostic application of a heating system.
Who is it for?
- I am a resident/condominium,who wants to save energy to lighten my bill and my carbon footprint.
- I am a CSR company/service,and I want to make my building more efficient in order to lighten my bill and my carbon footprint.
- A boiler room to optimize (70 to 6000kW of power)
- The collaboration of your heating technician
- Support for your condominium
- Steps to implement this solution
- Information about the digital app
- Information on energy sobriety
Step 1: Having motivated co-owners
Having motivated co-owners to reduce:
- Their energy consumption;
- Their environmental impact.
Present the benefits for everyone at the next condominium meeting.
Step 2: Contact a company that specializes in optimizing collective heating
Step 3: Establishing a dialogue at a collaborative meeting
Establish a dialogue at a collaborative meeting with all the players of this building (union of co-owners, manager, heater, expert of the company).
At this meeting, everyone’s objectives and roadmap can be established.
Step 4: Make a diagnosis of the current facility
Make a diagnosis of the current facility:
- Performance of the installation ranging from fuel supply to individual heating sources;
- Financial and environmental assessment.
The goal is to:
- Putting in place a short-term and medium-term action plan;
- Model financial and environmental impacts.
>> Example of balance sheet in the kit, to download(BILAN_Avant-Après_Les Contamines)
>> Example of a complete technical review, to download(RAPPORT_Technique_Les Contamines)
Step 5: Facilities upgrades and upgrades
The company assists the operator on the adjustments and work to be done to improve yields. At the same time, the operator and heater are technically trained on environmental measures.
Step 6: Setting up new settings
Step 7: Occupants' awareness of energy sobriety
To do this, we have three files available to you:
- A very short, simple and visual infographic (by Save The Alps)
- A much more complete and technical file (by Negawatt);
- The environmental impact of biogas (by ADEME)
>> DOSSIER_Sensibilisation to sobriety (heating), available in the download kit.
>> ETUDE_NEGAWATT_La energy sobriety, available in the download kit.
>> ETUDE_ADEME_Biogaz, available in the download kit.
- Monitoring energy consumption and environmental impact to have concrete figures and to be able to improve continuously.
Details of the figures can be found in our “sources” section below
Precautions of employment
- Be aware that a collective building of 25 dwellings pollutes as much as 35 cars that travel 12,500km each year!
- Just because you have the best boiler doesn’t mean you get better
- Act collaboratively with all actors and have an upward vision
- Keep in mind that in the building, the human and the technical are at the heart of the energy transition.
- The documents provided by Walterre.
- Negawatt and ADEME for information on energy sobriety.
- ADEME for the biogas study.
All sources are available in the download kit.
They did it!
Walterre, Maxence and Tony (Auvergne Rhône Alpes Region)
Creator of the solution
“Our mission is to tackle the waste generated by the inefficiency of collective boilers. Based on more than 26 years of experience as a heating operator and building design/control office, we have developed a new approach to boiler room performance diagnostics. Through this, we put the human being back at the heart of the energy transition by creating the unique dialogue between the different players in the building.
We are driven by the desire to really act for the environment by improving the efficiency and lifespan of heating installations, while reducing energy expenditure. »
An anonymous building (Les contamines, Haute Savoie)
Replicar of the solution
The full balance sheet in the download kit.
To discover also
You're here: YOUrALPS - EUSALP Anaïs, chief cook > All solutionsThe mountain as a classroomEducate to environment protection by organizing outdoor school trips 1 or 10 school trips ? 3/10 4/10 The solution The aim is to complete the theoretical...
Don’t throw it away, let your colleagues enjoy it!
Manage heating while limiting air pollution