> All solutions
The shared trailer
A trailer to sell our local products in common in the markets!
What is the shared trailer?
The “shared trailer” is a van, van or trailer type vehicle, which will be used by several producers, breeders and/or craftsmen. They team up to sell their products together in the markets.
They can free up time for their production by sharing markets, avoid intermediaries and increase the attractiveness of their display. Most importantly, they save fuel and increase their revenue!
Who is it for?
- I am a beekeeper, farmer, farmer, breeder, baker, cheese maker… and I sell my products alone in the markets. It takes time and energy and I would like to be able to sell with other producers.
- I am not going to the markets yet to sell my production because I do not have the necessary equipment. I would like to partner with someone.
- 4368 kg of CO2 were saved. Next goal: 10,000 kg. 44% 44%
- A place in markets;
- A vehicle for markets;
- Sales materials: scale / cash / CB machine and paper roll / paper bags…;
- A place to store vehicle and market equipment;
- Motivated producers.
- All the information you need to start a business
- Administrative procedures as a street trader;
- Tools to organize: planning, cost/benefit calculator;
- How to get locations in the markets.
Step 1: Find 3 or 4 interested producers with whom we get along
- Same rigor in the work, serious;
- Honesty and trusting;
- Not too far away to make it easier.
>> Shared trailer presentation sheet,available in the download kit.
Step 2: Dividing tasks according to each person's skills
You have to:
- A manager;
- one person to do the cash register accounts at the end of the month
- one person to manage the stock of sales equipment.
Step 3: Create a legal entity to manage the trailer
It is your status that will determine the corporate tax system, the social plan of the executive or executives.
The steps related to the Business Formality Centre (CFE):
>> Determine the type of business and its taxation: business FICHE_Types and tax income
>> The steps of starting a business: FICHE_Comment to start your own business (CFE steps)
Additional steps (excluding CFE):
- Choice of company name: you can verify that your choice is not already used (on Infograft) or registered as a trademark (with the National Institute of Industrial Property INPI);
- Open a professional bank account;
- Join a supplementary pension fund if there are employees;
- Insurance: some insurance is mandatory, such as for your premises, vehicles, etc. In all cases, risks should be assessed and civil and professional liability covered.
Step 4: Other administrative procedures
- Register at the Chamber of Commerce as a street trader;
- Make a food handling statement to the DDPP.
>> NOTICE_Déclaration beforehand to l_exercice d_une commercial or artisanal itinerant activity,available in the kit.
>> NOTICE_Déclaration handling of food d_origine animal,available in the kit.
Step 5: Find the vehicle/trailer for the markets
Purchase, rental, that of one of the employees: anything is possible as long as the size is suitable!
Step 6: Accounting
Agree on the amount of the commission and how it is calculated. It includes:
- The cost of places in the markets;
- Sales equipment;
- The sales balance sheet;
- The maintenance of the trailer;
- Borrowing/price of the vehicle or trailer;
>> Accounting software to download here >
>> Excel Stock Management,available in the kit.
>> Excel Cash Book,available in the kit.
Step 7: Finding places in the markets
You must apply to the town hall or the market dealership for permission and/or go and see on site.
>> TEMPLATE_Demande of market location, available in the kit.
Step 8: decide where the vehicle will be parked
Which room will be dedicated to storing market equipment and products (cold room or fridge if needed).
Step 9: Complete the trailer with all the necessary equipment
- Balance/cash register to standards;
- Cash rolls;
- Paper bags;
- Cleaning equipment;
- Labels and pens;
- Create beautiful tarpaulins to catch the eye of customers!
Step 10: Dividing markets
Divide the markets and organize everyone’s schedule.
>> TEMPLATE_Retro schedule, available in the kit
Step 11: Market Day
- Everyone comes to deliver their products when it suits them in the small room;
- On market day, whoever makes the market picks up the trailer with his own vehicle, loads what everyone has prepared and leaves to make the market;
- It records all sales in the cash register;
- At the end, he brings back the trailer and the dump.
Step 12: End of month
- Take stock of the books;
- Each receives a transfer corresponding to the amount of sales of its products, less the small commission that the group levies to finance the charges;
If some producers want to join you, but don’t participate in market sales, it’s possible. Set a larger commission.
And in the long run?
- Be rigorous and serious about accounting;
- Take care of the collective material;
- Be honest and trust others
Details of the figures can be found in our “sources” section below
Precautions of employment
- Ecological benefits: a small calculation made with the following parameters:
- 4 producers combined;
- Average distance to a market: 25km A/R;
- 3 markets a week.
- 112g CO2 /km > > for a car http://carlabelling.ademe.fr/chiffrescles/r/evolutionTauxCo2
- CALCUL: 3 (producers) x 3 (markets) x 25 (km saved) – 225km/week avoided – 11700 km/year. 11700 x 112 – 1310kg CO2.
- Social advantage: compared to the data of the Mas de Buissons.
- The public service for all documents relating to administrative applications: https://www.service-public.fr/.
- On business creation: gouv.fr and guichet-entreprises.fr.
- The experience of the Mas de Buissons.
They did it!
- 4368 kg of CO2 were saved. Next goal: 10,000 kg. 44% 44%
Only 3 more replications to reach our next goal. If you've replicated this solution, contact us!
La Ferme Mas de Buissons, Petits Bonheurs Fermiers (Grenoble)
Creator of the solution
“We are 4 farmers, breeders: 1 producer of outdoor eggs and nuts, 1 producer of milk and cow cheeses, 1 producer of outdoor poultry, a producer of beef and pork. The care of our animals, the work of the land to feed them, the processing of our products require a lot of time and attention. As we got along well, we decided to come together to sell our farm products together, directly to the markets. To do this, we have “invested” in a market trailer. » […] “We also hired an employee to help us in a market where there was always a queue. We sell more products thanks to the attractiveness of the diversity of products we offer, so we can increase our production. Some of us have been able to create one or two jobs to meet the demand. We have time to take care of our operation while one of us sells our products in a market and we can also free up time for our family life.”
To discover also
You're here: YOUrALPS - EUSALP Anaïs, chief cook > All solutionsThe mountain as a classroomEducate to environment protection by organizing outdoor school trips 1 or 10 school trips ? 3/10 4/10 The solution The aim is to complete the theoretical...
Don’t throw it away, let your colleagues enjoy it!
Reducing a building’s heating costs